Earthworks Audio - M50 - 50kHz Measurement Microphone
50kHz Measurement Microphone
M50 - Single
M50mp - Matched Pair with Wood Box
The M50 is a professional measurement microphone intended for large room calibration. The ultra wide frequency response of 3Hz to 50kHz is flat throughout the entire spectrum and results in accurate room calibration using Smaart, MLSSA, SIMM and TEF based systems.
- 3Hz – 50kHz flat frequency response
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Handles up to 140dB SPL without distortion
The M50 is a precision engineered 50kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone ideally suited for acoustical measurements including high-end loudspeaker design and quality control, scientific research, measurements of ultrasonic or subsonic transducers, or any application where an extremely accurate free-field measurement microphone is required.
Known for its accuracy, reliability and consistency, the M50 is the top of the line measurement microphone with extraordinary impulse response for those who have stringent requirements and demand the very best.
The M50’s audio performance is unparalleled. It has an ultra wide flat frequency response that extends from 3Hz to 50kHz and is flat throughout the entire spectrum. Its omnidirectional polar response exceptionally consistent, providing an even coherent response a the direct and off-axis sections of the microphone capsule.
The M50 has a 140dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise.
With temperature compensated electronics, the M50 was built to deliver repeatable results no matter what the environment.
Lightning fast impulse response and linear phase response make the M50 ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software like SMAART™, SIM™, REW™, Electroacoustics Toolbox™, FuzzMeasure™ and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Every M50 is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
- 50kHz flat frequency response
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements that require extended frequency response, including high-end loudspeaker design and quality control, scientific research, measurements of ultrasonic or subsonic transducers, or any application where an extremely accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Our top of the line measurement microphone with extraordinary impulse response for those who have stringent requirements and demand the very best
- Provides laboratory grade accuracy
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART™, MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, TEF™ and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
- Handcrafted, Machined, & Assembled in the USA.
Frequency Response: 3Hz to 50kHz ±1/-3dB
Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
Max Acoustic Input: 140dB SPL
Output: XLR (pin 2+)
Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
Dimensions L x D: 229mm x 22mm (9 x .860 inches)
Weight: .5 lb. (225g)
Test / Measurement
Your Purchase Includes
1 x M50
1 x ADP1 1/2″ Calibrator Adapter
1 x MC1 Microphone Clip
Register your product here