Earthworks Audio - C30/C - 30kHz Hanging Gooseneck Microphones
30kHz Hanging Gooseneck Microphones
C30/C-W 30 kHz cardioid hanging ChoirMic™ in White
C30/C-B 30 kHz cardioid hanging ChoirMic™ in Black
C30/HC-W 30 kHz hypercardioid hanging ChoirMic™ in White
C30/HC-B 30 kHz hypercardioid hanging ChoirMic™ in Black
- The C30 includes a 30′ (9m) unterminated cable.
- The C30-XLR accessory is available for purchase to terminate with an XLR.
- Standard cable length is 30′ (9m), but can be customized when ordering using accessory C30-CCL.
- Available in black or white.
- Available in cardioid or hypercardioid.
Hanging gooseneck condenser microphone with 30′ (9m) cable designed for installation in churches and other venues
- 30kHz frequency response optimized for vocals
- Near-perfect polar pattern with high rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone
- Cardioid or hypercardioid
- Black or white finish
- Handcrafted, Machined, & Assembled in the USA.
The Earthworks C30 ChoirMic™ is a hanging gooseneck condenser microphone with 30’ (9m) cable designed for installation in churches and other venues.
Choir microphones have always presented a unique design and installation challenge – the traditional solution is to use an angle guide on the microphone’s lead to aim towards the performance venue. The problem with this approach is that either a very small microphone had to be used to keep aimable weight within practical limits or locate the microphone’s electronics at some considerable distance from the element inviting losses and noise.
The Solution: Earthworks C30 ChoirMic™
The C30 ChoirMic™ is the ultimate problem solver for miking choirs and other venues with high ceilings.
With its wide pickup pattern at all frequencies, you can easily cover large groups with just a few microphones. The C30 will reproduce the sound of the choir with incredible articulation and no spotlighting, so no one voice outshines the rest. Instead, the choir will sound like a unified voice. With over 30dB of rear rejection, the C30 has more gain before feedback while picking up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone.
The C30 features a small microphone head attached to a flexible mini gooseneck, which allows quick and precise positioning of the microphone. The 30’ (9m) attached Canare® Star Quad cable resists twisting due to temperature and humidity changes, so you can rest assured that the microphone will stay put once it has been properly aimed. Measuring just .86 inches (22mm) in diameter at its largest point, the C30 practically disappears from view when installed, providing a low profile miking solution.
- 30kHz frequency response
- No spotlighting
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Electronics housed in microphone
- Prevents RFI
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning
- Comes with 30 foot balanced, twisted pair Canare cable
- Available in black and white
- Custom cable lengths available
- Does not come with XLR (order accessory C30-XLR for installed male XLR)
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz ±2dB at 12 inches (30cm)
Polar Pattern: Cardioid or Hypercardioid
C30/C Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
C30/HC Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
C30/C Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
C30/HC Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
Output: XLR (pin 2+)
Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
C30/C Self Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
C30/HC Self Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
Dimensions L x D: 324mm x 22mm (12.75 x .860 inches)
Attached Cable: 30 feet (9.14m) Canare Star Quad
Weight: .22 lb. (100g) microphone only; 1.2 lb (544.3g) microphone with 30′ cable
Conferencing / Installed Sound
PW1 Foam Windscreen
Register your product here